Interior and coordination Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i appeared before Parliamentary Committee on national Security to shed light regarding his involvement of Miguna Miguna’s issue.
Here is his Statement on the issue :
” Today I am before the Parliamentary Committee on National Security to respond to their queries surrounding the Miguna Miguna issue. I am accompanied by CAS Patrick ole Ntutu, PS Kibicho and PS Kihalangwa.
We are grateful to the Parliamentary Committee for inviting us and for listening to us. So far the Government has been condemned unheard.
For the record, let me state as follows:
1. That Miguna was not arrested nor detained at JKIA.
2. The Govt of Kenya did not seize Miguna’s passport at JKIA. He has since admitted to the same.
3. Not a single court order has been served upon my person, the IG or the Ministry PSs.
4. That Miguna Miguna was not DEPORTED, he was REMOVED as an UNDOCUMENTED person.Deportation applies to persons within Kenyan jurisdiction. Miguna had not been admitted into Kenya
5. That use of the Kenyan ID as a travel document is only applicable to travel between and within the EA Northern Corridor nations of Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Southern Sudan “