Interior CS Fred Matiang’i is expected to escalate arrests of National Super Alliance (NASA)leaders and officials over the swearing-in of NASA President H.E. Raila Odinga.
A source at the Interior Ministry confirmed to Kenya Live News that the task force formed to deal with the aftermath of Raila’s inauguration is expected to give orders for certain leaders whose security and firearms have already been withdrawn.
The ministerial task force has formed a team of carefully selected detectives at the DCI headquarters to investigate alleged illegal activities that culminated to the now controversial swearing-in.
It is this crack-unit that conducted lightening raids through series of high profile arrests that began with that of Ruaraka MP TJ Kajwang, followed by self-declared National Resistance General Miguna Miguna, before Makadara MP George Aladwa was woken up early Saturday morning by gunmen who had surrounded his house.
Vowing to firmly deal with NASA, Matiang’i thundered last week: “What was witnessed at Uhuru Park was a well-choreographed attempt to subvert or overthrow the legally constitutional government of Kenya,”
KLN has obtained a confidential list of ten who have been placed under DCI investigation and are likely to be arrested any time:
1. James Orengo – Siaya Senator and NASA lead counsel
2. Ali Hassan Joho – Mombasa Governor and ODM Deputy Party Leader
3. Babu Owino – Member of Parliament, Embakasi East
4. Cleophas Malala – Senator Kakamega County
5. Simba Arati – Member of Parliament, Dagoreti North
6. Geoffrey Osotsi – Nominated Member of Parliament
7. Norman Magaya – CEO National Super Alliance Secretariat
8. David Ndii – Head of the People’s Assembly National Steering Committee
9. Noah Akala – Head of People’s Assembly National Secretariat
10. Oduor Ong’wen – ODM Executive Director and Member of the People’s Assembly National Steering Committee
Ultimately, the confessions of those arrested is expected to build a case against the President of the People’s Assembly H.E. Raila Odinga who is also likely to be placed in custody in the coming weeks.